Streamlined interface, smarter notifications, and simpler permissions help DevOps teams to scale the power of automation and avoid repetitive tasks
Ansible Tower by Red Hat, built on top of the popular Ansible open source automation project, helps teams manage complex multi-tier application deployments by adding control, knowledge, and delegation to Ansible-powered environments. Ansible Tower 3 includes new features and integrations for IT administrators including:
- A streamlined interface, which helps teams better manage complex deployments and speed productivity.
- Integrated notification support, notifications can now be sent to specific recipients or entire teams through a variety of channels, including: email; IRC; HipChat; Slack; and more making ChatOps for the enterprise possible.
- Simplified yet powerful permissions for role based access controls allows for easier delegation across different users and teams.
- New network management support in Ansible Tower builds on Ansible’s networking capabilities by adding a new permission type for the management of network devices.
- Deeper integration with Red Hat offerings including Red Hat CloudForms for hybrid cloud management and Red Hat Satellite.
Ansible Tower 3 by Red Hat is now generally available for a free 30-day trial via Vagrant image, Amazon EC2 AMI, or download for on-premise or cloud installation. Ansible Tower is available via subscription tiers - users can learn more about Ansible Tower and download a trial of Ansible Tower at www.ansible.com/tower.
Tim Cramer, head of Ansible Engineering, Red Hat
“We’ve been paying attention to how teams are using Tower to extend Ansible automation to many different aspects of their enterprises. Ansible Tower 3 improves the user experience by making it more intuitive to set up and run automation jobs quickly. And, users can more easily extend permissions to team members, notifying the right people and systems of results in real-time.”
Mary Johnston Turner, research vice president, IDC
“Many DevOps teams depend on open source based automation, such as provided by Ansible and Ansible Tower, to streamline operations, reduce configuration errors, and accelerate time to market. Ansible Tower 3 adds important network and cloud integrations, as well as improved notifications and usability controls, that will help these teams further improve productivity across end to end desktop to deployment tool chains”
AnsibleFest San Francisco
July 28, 2016
AnsibleFest is a day-long conference bringing together hundreds of Ansible users, developers and industry partners to share best-practices, case studies and Ansible news. Attendees include DevOps engineers, operations engineers, open source fans, systems engineers, system administrators, operations staff, release engineers, DBAs, network engineers and security professionals. Learn more about AnsibleFest and register to learn more about the next advancements in enterprise automation.
Connect with Red Hat