Automating NetApp with Ansible
As enterprises make the move to adopt sophisticated next-generation data center technologies, time to market through the automation of IT tasks has become an essential element.
To enable this adoption around storage technologies, Ansible and NetApp have partnered to develop a collection of automation and storage configuration management modules to easily provision, deploy and manage NetApp ONTAP, Element and E-Series storage platforms.
NetApp is a Red Hat Certified Support Module Vendor.
The Ansible and NetApp modules provide idempotent provisioning for:
- Asynchronous Mirroring
- Checking Connections
- Disk Pools
- Hosts and Host Groups (Clusters)
- License Management
- LUN Mapping
- Snapshot Scheduler
- Standard Volumes and Flex Vols
- Thin Volumes
- Users, User Roles and Accounts
- Volume Access Groups
- Volume Snapshots
- and much more...
These modules have been qualified by NetApp engineering to ensure they meet a variety of needs including provisioning, replication and general management.
- With Ansible customers can automate NetApp solutions to deliver flexible, scalable and highly reliable storage deployment and management solutions for NetApp ONTAP, Element and E-Series storage systems
- Roll storage-infrastructure configurations into your CI/CD processes and application configurations for maximum agility with over 60 Ansible modules for NetApp.
- Ansible seamlessly unites workflow orchestration with configuration management, provisioning and application deployment in one easy-to-use and deploy platform
- Ansible and NetApp enable a lower cost of ownership and ease of setup by reducing the time to deploy and manage your storage
- As the only storage vendor to deliver Red Hat Certified Support Modules, a partnership with NetApp ensures targeted, quality storage automation modules
- NetApp supported SDKs for ONTAP, Element and E-Series offer extensibility by making it easier to develop new modules